- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Transfer beans to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in water, brown sugar, onion, apple juice, bacon, maple syrup, mustard and cinnamon. Cook, covered, on low 10-12 hours or until beans are tender. Stir in salt. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brenda’s Baked Beans in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Reviews for Brenda’s Baked Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC