- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs, divided use
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and 3/4 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to remaining crumb mixture. Stir in sour cream, 1 egg and extract until blended.
- Spread onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add remaining egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into pan; spoon preserves over top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and almonds.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Almond Coffee Cake in Taste of Home December 2015, p42
Reviews for Cherry-Almond Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC