Chicken with Pear & Sweet Potato Recipe photo by Taste of Home
When my husband was deployed to Iraq, one of my girlfriends shared this yummy chicken. When he returned home, I made it a tradition at our house. —Cathryn Eckley, Annandale, VA
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 medium ripe pear, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, combine sweet potato and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in pear; cook, covered, 4-5 minutes longer or until potato is tender. Add vinegar, mustard and tarragon; stir in remaining water and heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Pear & Sweet Potato in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Pear & Sweet Potato
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC