Chicken with Red Wine Cream Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Remove chicken to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Pour drippings from pan (do not wipe skillet clean); add wine and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook 1-2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Stir in cream and rosemary. Return to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Red Wine Cream Sauce in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Red Wine Cream Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC