- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles.
- Place one can of beans in a small bowl; mash slightly. Stir mashed beans, remaining can of beans, chilies, seasonings and broth into chicken mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy White Chicken Chili in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Easy White Chicken Chili
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC