- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; set aside. Place chicken in bag. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil chicken 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes; turn strips over. Baste with reserved marinade. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC