- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated grapefruit peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt, poppy seeds, grapefruit peel and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9×5-in. loaf pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix grapefruit juice and remaining sugar.
- Remove bread from oven. Immediately poke holes in bread with a fork; slowly pour juice mixture over bread. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Grapefruit Poppy Seed Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p44
Reviews for Grapefruit Poppy Seed Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC