- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, onion and garlic; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In same skillet, add beef half at a time; cook over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, parsley and seasonings into beef mixture. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve with rice and toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water or broth if necessary. Yield: 10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Slow Cooker Chili in TasteofHome.com 2016
Reviews for Hearty Slow Cooker Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC