Serve thyme-seasoned pork over brown rice to soak up the mushroom sauce, or with instant polenta and Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and about 1/3 cup sauce)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning (such as McCormick Grill Mates)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan.
Rub steak seasoning and thyme over pork. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add mushrooms and broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
Calories from fat: