Orange-Glazed Carrots, Onions & Radishes Recipe photo by Taste of Home
Carrots and radishes give color and crunch to this sweet, spicy side. We never have leftovers. If you make it ahead, reheat and add walnuts before serving. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, NJ
- 1 pound fresh pearl onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 pounds medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add carrots, pearl onions, radishes, brown sugar, orange peel and juice; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor’s Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Carrots, Onions & Radishes in Taste of Home November 2015, p68
Reviews for Orange-Glazed Carrots, Onions & Radishes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC