A combination of olives, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard gives this Mediterranean-inspired pork tenderloin a tangy, slightly tart taste.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pork medallions and 2 tablespoons olive mixture)
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives or onion-stuffed green olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Press pork pieces into 1/2-inch-thick medallions. Combine salt, pepper, and fennel; rub evenly over pork. Lightly coat pork with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
While pork cooks, combine olives and remaining ingredients. Serve olive mixture over pork.
To quickly flatten pork, press with the heel of your hand.
Calories from fat: