- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, ginger and cloves. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar substitute.
- Line the bottom of an 8-in. square dish with graham crackers. Pour pumpkin mixture over crackers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Originally published as Pumpkin Squares in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p56
Reviews for Pumpkin Squares
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC