Roasted Squash, Carrots & Walnuts Recipe photo by Taste of Home
After the turkey’s done, I dial up the oven temp and roast carrots and squash for this yummy side. That frees me up to start the gravy. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, GA
- 2 pounds carrots (about 12 medium)
- 1 medium butternut squash (3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut carrots in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise.
- In a large bowl, toss squash and carrots with brown sugar, oil, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to two greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle walnuts over vegetables. Roast 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Squash, Carrots & Walnuts in Taste of Home November 2015, p58
Reviews for Roasted Squash, Carrots & Walnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC