Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or pepitas (salted pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets, skin side up; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach with vinaigrette; divide between two plates. Place salmon over spinach; top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor’s Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC