I’m a busy teacher and mom, so weekday meals with shortcuts are a huge help. I always have to share the recipe when I take these to school. —Julie Ahern, Waukegan, Illinois
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky biscuits (10 count)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef and vegetables over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten to 5-in. circles. Press onto bottom and up sides of greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC