Sweet-and-Sour Chicken with Rice Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, thawed
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the chicken, carrot and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the zucchini, peas and red pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, pepper and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the ketchup, lemon juice and soy sauce. Pour over chicken mixture. Add pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Chicken with Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC