- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips and additional sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes, broth, beans, corn, taco seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in rice and sour cream; heat through. Serve with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Weeknight Taco Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Weeknight Taco Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC